This extensive list of on-line resources collected by the Women's Hands and Voices project is broken into the following categories:
• Online Resources for FemCon
• Canadian Media Organizations
• International Women and Media Organizations
• Women's Organizations in Canada
• International Women's Organizations
• Online Books and Other Resources
• Anti-Oppression Links
Online Resources for FemCon
• Classical: International Alliance for Womin in Music
• Electronica: Tara Rodgers
• Folk: CreativeFolk.com
• Recording Arts: Women's Audio Mission
• Rock/Punk: Trouser Press
• Urban/HipHop: Honey Jam Canada
• World: World Music Central
Canadian Media Organizations
• Canadian Women in Communications
• Studio XX: Women’s digital resource center based in Montreal. Trains women in digital technology and exhibits women’s digital art, including experimental audio art.
International Women and Media Organizations
• AMARC Women’s International Network
• Femnet: The African Women’s Development and Communication Network
• International Association of Women in Radio & Television (IAWRT): IAWRT was founded more than 50 years ago by a woman in the Netherlands. It has a biennial conference and awards competition. You do not have to become a member to compete in the awards, but new members are welcome.
• ISIS Manila International: A feminist NGO dedicated to women’s information and communication needs. Focuses on those advancing women’s rights, leadership and empowerment in Asia and the Pacific.
• Media Channel
• Prometheus Radio Project: A U.S.-based organization that aims to serve as a micro-radio resource centre offering legal, technical, and organizational support for non-commercial community broadcasters.
• Radio Internacional Feminista (FIRE)
• World Summit on Information Technologies: Huge, United Nations sponsored conference that deals with the right to communicate and the right to information technologies. Useful resources on media democracy.
Women's Organizations in Canada
• Canadian Research Centre for the Advancement of Women: invaluable information and fact sheets about the status of women in Canada.
• NetFemmes (Centre de documentation sur l'éducation des adultes et la condition féminine): NetFemmes est un réseau pour et par les femmes, mis sur pied par le Centre de documentation sur l’éducation des adultes et la condition féminine (CDÉACF), organisme à but non lucratif dont la mission est la démocratisation des savoirs et la promotion des savoirs faire des réseaux de l’éducation des adultes et de la condition féminine, et développé en étroite collaboration avec les regroupements nationaux de groupes de femmes du Québec et le Réseau Québécois de chercheuses féministes.
• Resources for Feminist Research (Journal): Based out of the Centre for Feminist Research in Education at the University of Toronto. Publishes a scholarly journal on feminist research.
• Status of Women Canada: Federal government department that looks after and into the affairs of women. Lots of resources on how to do gender based analysis and feminist research. Also contains fact sheets on various issues to do with women.
• Vancouver Status of Women: Non-profit feminist organization. Used to publish Kinesis.
International Women's Organizations
• Global Fund for Women
• International Women’s Tribune Centre (IWTC) : This website is designed as a women and development information and resources centre for women, activists and advocates worldwide. The site focuses on the Beijing Platform for Action (PFA) and Beijing +5 follow-up plans and policies.
Online Books and Other Resources
• A Passion for Radio. Edited by Bruce Girard: An online edition of this invaluable book. Written by people actively - and passionately - involved in radio, this book presents twenty-one alternative radio experiences from countries on every continent of the globe.
• Sounding Places with Hildegard Westerkamp: An innovative website about the life and work of this most amazing Canadian radio artist and sound composer.